This post may contain affiliate links, which helps keep this content free. Please read our disclosure for more info.
If you’ve been following this blog for a while, you already know I’m all about taking a regular dish and figuring out how to ketofy it.
The amazing thing about going on the keto diet, is it allows you to still eat many of your favorite foods – just with a few tweaks.
That said, when you go Keto, there are certain things you are going to need to keep on hand to give you a better chance of being successful.
In a recent Keto 101 post, I shared several keto pantry staples. And, in this post, we’re going to cover all the keto baking essentials you should have in your kitchen to easily whip up things like:
- Easy Keto Bread – Yes, you can have bread!
- Snacks like my Everything Bagel Keto Crackers
- Desserts like this amazing Gluten Free, Low Carb, Carrot Cake and more
While you may notice some crossover between this post and the pantry staples post, it’s still a good idea to bookmark both posts so you can always ensure you have everything you need to avoid the temptation of making poor food choices.
Let’s dive in!
Keto Baking Essentials – Tools
You’ll want all the basic tools if you don’t already have them including:
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Baking sheets (perfect for my Gluten-Free Provencal Tomato Tart)
- Muffin tins
- Cheese grater
- Glass baking dishes
- Loaf and bundt pans
- Pie plates
- A blender
- A scale (helps for portion control when counting macros)
- Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoons
- Spoons, forks, and knives
- Oven thermometer
- Aluminum foil
- Ziploc bags
- Storage containers for your yummy treats
These are enough to get you started, but if you have the coin in your budget, I also recommend a few additional tools.
Optional but highly recommended tools:
- Food processor
- Hand mixer (because though the whisk can help you get rid of bat wings, you’re a busy gal with a need for speed!)
- Stand mixer (if you’re ready to be a little extra)
- Silicone baking mat and/or parchment paper
- Pastry cutter
- Spatulas – I recommend having both metal and silicone ones on hand
- Piping bags and tips (or you can just use Ziploc bags)
- Cooling rack – You’ll thank me for this one, trust me
Keto Baking Essentials – Supplies
- Spices like:
- Pumpkin pie spice (Try my Keto Pumpkin Pie!)
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Cream cheese
- Unflavored Gelatin (A key ingredient in my Incredibly Rich Keto Chocolate Layer Cake)
- Heavy cream
- Chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder
- Special DARK cocoa powder (Perfect for Dark and Decadent Keto Brownies!)
- Cooking spray
- Coconut and Almond Milks
- Extracts including:
- Vanilla (Ultimate comfort awaits with my Keto Vanilla Wafers and Keto Banana Pudding!)
- Nuts including:
- Pecans (You won’t believe this Keto Pecan Pie!)
- Nut butters including:
- Peanut (Try my Keto Peanut Butter Cookies!)
- Oils including:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fruits such as
- Strawberries and
- Blueberries (Perfect for this Keto Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake with a Sugar Cookie Crust!)
- Keto-friendly sweeteners such as:
- Swerve: measures cup for cup like sugar does, and has available substitutes for cane sugar, confectioners, and brown sugar
- Monkfruit sweetener
- Stevia liquid drops
- Keto-friendly flour: You’ll need flour for several recipes including my unbelievably delicious Keto Strawberry Lemonade Cookies. Options include:
- Flax Meal
- Chia Seed
- Oat Fiber
Take Your Time Building Your Keto Baking Essentials Stock
Like the keto pantry staples, you don’t have to build up your keto baking essentials stock overnight. The more you stick to the diet, the more you can add to your kitchen.
Over to you – do you see anything I missed?
If you think there’s an item missing from this list of keto baking essentials, leave me a comment below, or tweet me at @TheCathyDean.
Also, if you have any recipes you would like me to keto-fy, let me know! I’m always keeping my ear to the ground for new recipe ideas.
Additional Keto 101 Resources
I want to see you succeed on the Keto Diet, so here are some additional resources I recommend reading for further education and advice:
- Keto Diet 101: The Basics – Where to Begin
- 7 Different Keto Methods – Types of Keto Diet for Beginners
- The Best Electrolyte Supplement for the Keto Diet
- The Dreaded Keto Flu: Why it Happens and How to Overcome It
- What are Macros?
- Keto Diet for Beginners: 8 Keto Comfort Food Swaps
- Meal Planning for Keto Success
- How to Guide for Eating Out on a Keto Diet
- How to Eat Keto While Camping
- How to Start Working Out for Beginners
- Follow me on YouTube!