If you’re looking for the best keto brownie recipe, you have come to the right place.
After a little experimentation, I settled on a recipe that is both delicious AND keto-friendly!
A dark and decadent keto brownie, this uses collagen to add density and espresso powder along with a specialty dark cocoa powder to boost the flavor.
The below recipe is very similar to my first brownie recipe. And while I love that other brownie recipe, it’s much lighter and didn’t have quite the brownie texture I was looking for.
I’ve seen several keto brownie recipes that use gelatin. But when I was experimenting, I did not have gelatin. I did have some Green Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate, and since collagen and gelatin are basically two different forms of the same thing, I decided to try it!
The collagen worked beautifully, and I have a new favorite brownie recipe. My husband likes the lighter version too, so I’ll keep them both in my dessert arsenal.
Enjoy the brownies by themselves, sprinkle with a little powdered Swerve, or top it with a scoop of keto-friendly ice cream.
- 1 stick (8 tbsps.) butter, melted
- 2/3 cup Swerve Powdered Sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla crème liquid stevia
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup black cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tbsp collagen hydrolysate
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, swerve, stevia, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, collagen, whey protein, baking powder, and salt, and whisk again until well combined. Add the water until batter is thinned to your liking.
- Pour the batter into a parchment paper lined 8x8 baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is no longer jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the baking dish…or if you can’t wait, slice it and gently remove a warm piece of brownie.
You can sub the collagen with equal parts unflavored gelatin.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1 brownies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g