This Keto Spinach Artichoke Bread Ring Dip combines my keto dinner rolls recipe with an amazing and super easy spinach artichoke dip. Perfect for your next party!
I made this for the Super Bowl watch party at our house and it was an instant hit!
The inspiration for this recipe comes from the many bread-bowl dips I’ve had in my pre-keto days. Bread-bowl dips are both tasty and visually appealing.
This isn’t quite a “bread-bowl” per se, but rather a bread ring! The cast-iron skillet used to bake this dip doubles as a serving dish once it’s done.
However, be careful, because it takes forever to cool down! I recommend using a spoon to dish out the bread and spinach artichoke dip onto a plate if you cannot wait for it to cool down enough. My family usually cannot wait that long, lol.
How to Make Keto Spinach Artichoke Bread Ring Dip
Before you get started, turn on the oven to 400 degrees F.
For the bread ring, melt mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the cheeses are melted together.
Then, add an egg, and stir to combine. The cheeses and egg will not fully mix together, so just mix as well as you can.
Next, add almond flour, salt, Italian seasoning, and baking powder to the melted cheese and egg mixture.
Italian season is my favorite seasoning to use for this recipe, but you can use any seasoning you want. Have fun and try a few different variations.
Now for the sticky part! Use your hands to knead the dough until well combined. I find it works best if I keep wetting my hand with warm water.
Divide into 12 dough balls and chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
While the rolls are chilling, combine all the spinach artichoke dip ingredients in a large bowl.
Stir all the dip ingredients together until well combined.
Once the 12 dough balls have chilled for 10 minutes, arrange them in a ring around the edges of a cast-iron skillet, and fill the center with the spinach artichoke dip.
If your cast-iron skillet is not well-seasoned, give it a good spray or wipe-down with olive oil before placing the dough balls and dip.
Bake the spinach artichoke bread ring dip for 17-20 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown.
Allow the dip (AND the cast-iron skillet) to cool slightly before serving. The iron skillet retains the heat for quite a while, so use caution when serving.
More Great Party Recipes!
Keto Butter Crackers (Also great for dipping into the Spinach Artichoke Dip!)
For the Rolls:
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 egg
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp baking soda
For the Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- 1 7 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- For the rolls, melt the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the cheeses are melted together.
- Add the egg, and stir to combine.
- Add the almond flour, salt, Italian seasoning, and baking powder to the melted cheese and egg mixture.
- Use your hands to kneed the dough until well combined.
- Divide into 12 rolls and then chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- While the rolls are chilling, combine all the spinach artichoke dip ingredients in a large bowl.
- Arrange the rolls in a ring around the edges of a cast-iron skillet.
- Fill the center with the spinach artichoke dip.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. This dip and bread bowl is meant to be served in the iron skillet.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 0gProtein: 12g