Just because you’re on the keto diet doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the occasional adult beverage. This low carb Strawberry Margarita is perfect for summer!
The “what alcohol can I drink on keto” question is probably the second most asked question I see next to looking for recipes to satisfy a sweet tooth. I swear you’d think all keto’ers are a bunch of drunk partiers!
Of course, that’s not the case, but many of us do enjoy a tasty cocktail with friends. Often, people suggest drinking hard liquor (vodka, whiskey, gin, etc…) with a splash of seltzer to keep it low carb, but I personally don’t like my drinks to taste like alcohol. I know, what’s the point, huh?
I’m a fruity cocktail girl at heart, so I wanted something light, fruity, and slightly sweet. Before we get to the recipe, I do want to disclaimer a few things….yeah, yeah, party pooper time.
- You’re an adult, drink responsibly.
- Keto makes you a light-weight drinker, so expect to feel the effects of alcohol quicker, with fewer drinks.
- Expect hangover symptoms to be worse on a low-carb diet.
- Alcohol WILL stall weight loss. Your body views alcohol as a toxin and will stop all fat-burning functions to process the alcohol out of your body first.
Now, back to the fun stuff! My husband tweaked this margarita recipe until it was perfect and approved by our non-keto family. He gets full credit for this one! This recipe technically makes 4 small margaritas, but we usually pour ourselves a double ? These are best made in a high-powered blender, like the BlendTec.
- 2 cups strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup ice
- 4 oz tequila
- 4 limes, juiced (or ¼ cup bottled lime juice)
- 1/8 tsp stevia liquid drops
- Swerve Granulated Sweetener (optional, to rim the glass)
- Extra Fresh Strawberries and Limes for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2-4 glasses rimmed with granulated sweetener and garnish with a slice of strawberry and a slice of lime.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g