This amazing keto cheesecake with a keto crust will make you feel like you are cheating on keto with each and every bite.
There’s a Recipe for That!
I’ve been keto long enough at this point, 18 months, that the idea you must deny yourself on a low carb diet is almost laughable. I eat dessert MORE OFTEN now than I did in my pre-keto days.
As I was winning my family over to the low carb life, one recipe at a time, my husband and son would often challenge me in the kitchen to see if I could come up with a copy cat recipe of their favorite foods or drinks.
The challenges included keto versions of chips, grilled cheese sandwiches, cherry lime-aids, and cake…just to name a few. I loved the challenges because I do believe every recipe can be ketofied, once you figure out the right food swaps.
Converting a basic cheesecake recipe is super simple. For the filling, the only thing you must swap out is the sweetener because the rest of the ingredients are already keto-friendly. My preferred sweetener for cheesecake is Swerve Powdered Sweetener.
Now the crust takes a few more ingredient swaps to convert. Back in the day, I would make a cheesecake with a graham cracker crust (so good, right?!?). Unfortunately, graham crackers are filled with a big KETO NO-NO…. WHEAT!
The recipe below is as close as I’ve come to replicating that specific taste and texture.
***scroll down for printable recipe
Make the crust first. In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, Swerve, baking powder, and salt.
Add the melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract and stir until fully combined.
Press the crust into the springform pan and partially up the sides. Set aside.
For the filling, start by creaming together cream cheese, butter, and swerve.
Beat in 3 eggs, one at a time, then add the sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla extract
Pour the cheesecake filling in the springform pan with the crust and smooth on top, maybe give it a little jiggle to settle the mixture. Bake at 300 degrees for about 90 minutes. (varies by oven)
More Low Carb Cheesecake Recipes from Healthy Ambitions
For the Crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup Swerve Powdered Sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Filling:
- Preheat the over to 300 degrees F and grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, swerve, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract and stir until fully combined.
- Press the crust into the springform pan and partially up the sides. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, softened butter, and swerve together until creamy.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, beating the mixture after each egg.
- Add the sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla extract and beat one final time until all the ingredients are fully incorporated and smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake filling in the springform pan with the crust and smooth on top, maybe give it a little jiggle to settle the mixture.
- Bake at 300 degrees for about 90 minutes. The time can vary greatly by oven, so start checking on the cheesecake at about 70 minutes. The cheesecake should be mostly set, with the slightest jiggle in the middle.
- Remove from oven and let the cheesecake cool completely to room temperature.
- Run a knife around the edges before releasing the springform pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours prior to serving, but letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight is even better!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 Slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370.13Total Fat: 36.39gSaturated Fat: 17.61gSodium: 225.69mgCarbohydrates: 5.13gFiber: 1.48gSugar: 2.37gProtein: 7.57g