Strawberries and Cheesecake and Chocolate, OH MY! Why settle for chocolate-covered strawberries when you can put those yummy flavors into a cheesecake?
I’ve been wanting to add another keto cheesecake recipe to my website. With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I found inspiration in a common Valentine’s Day treat!
Chocolate-covered strawberries make a wonderful holiday treat. But I wanted something with a little more pizzazz!
If you still want to make chocolate-covered strawberries, it’s super easy! Melt keto-approved Lily’s Chocolate Chips, dip your strawberries, and place on parchment paper until the chocolate has reset. Voila!
This recipe uses my Classic Cheesecake Recipe, but I changed the crust to add a wonderfully, chocolatey, Oreo-flavor and dropped in dollops of strawberry puree to swirl together with the cheesecake filling. YUM!
Equipment for this recipe
Electric Hand Mixer (for the crust)
Mixing Bowls (medium and large)
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer (for the cheesecake filling…. optional: handheld electric mixer)
High-Powered Blender(to puree the strawberries)
How to Make Strawberry Swirl Cheese Cake with an Oreo Cookie Crust
This recipe sounds more complicated than it is, and while there are quite a few ingredients, and you use several pieces of equipment, the process itself is rather simple.
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and grease your 9-in Springform pan.
Espresso powder is a great way to enhance the chocolate flavor in your baked goods!
In a large bowl, beat together butter and swerve sweetener until well combined and creamy. Then, add an egg and continue beating until well combined.
I typically use Swerve Granulated sweetener in crust recipes or anything that doesn’t need a smooth texture like pudding or cheesecake. But you can use the powdered version if that’s all you have on hand.
Next, you want to beat the dry ingredients into the large bowl with the rest of the ingredients until a crumbly dough forms.
Press the Oreo cookie dough into the bottom of a spring-form pan, and set it aside.
In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, softened butter, and powdered swerve together until creamy. You definitely want the Powdered Swerve for this part of the recipe.
I used my Kitchenaid stand mixer for this part of the recipe. If you have one, use the paddle attachment, not the whisk attachment.
Add three eggs in, one at a time, continuing to mix between each egg.
Finally, add sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla extract and mix one final time until all the ingredients are fully incorporated and smooth.
The final bit of ingredient prep is the strawberry puree. Simply add the strawberries and Swerve Sweetener to a high powdered blender, and puree it.
Now it’s time to assemble the cheesecake so it can be baked!
Pour half of the cheesecake filling in the springform pan with the crust. Then, add half of the strawberry puree by the spoonful, on top of the cheesecake.
Then, pour the rest of the cheesecake filling on top, and add the rest of the strawberry puree by the spoonful to the top.
Gently swirl the strawberry puree in the cheesecake filling with a knife. But, don’t over mix!
Bake the cheesecake at 300 degrees for about 90 minutes. The time can vary greatly by the individual oven, so start checking on the cheesecake at about 70 minutes. The cheesecake should be mostly set, with the slightest jiggle in the middle.
Once done, remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool completely to room temperature. This allows the cheesecake to pull away from the sides of the springform pan.
Run a knife around the edges, to make sure nothing is sticking before releasing the springform pan.
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours prior to serving, but letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight is even better!
More Amazing Keto Dessert!
For the crust:
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 8 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 egg
For the Cheesecake:
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) butter softened
- 1 cup Swerve Powdered Sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Strawberry Swirl
- 1-1/2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Swerve Sweetener
- Preheat the over to 300 degrees F and grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, salt, xanthan gum, baking soda, and espresso powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and swerve sweetener until well combined and creamy.
- Add the egg to the sweetened butter mix and continue beating until well combined.
- Beat in the dry ingredients until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press the oreo cookie dough into the bottom of a spring-form pan, and set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, softened butter, and swerve together until creamy.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, beating the mixture after each egg.
- Add the sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla extract and beat one final time until all the ingredients are fully incorporated and smooth, and set aside.
- Puree the chopped strawberries and swerve sweetener in a blender.
- Pour half of the cheesecake filling in the springform pan with the crust.
- Add half of the strawberry puree, in spoonfuls, on top of the cheesecake.
- Pour the rest of the cheesecake filling on top
- Drop spoonfuls of the strawberry puree on top until its all gone, then gently swirl with a knife. Don't over mix.
- Bake at 300 degrees for about 90 minutes. The time can vary greatly by oven, so start checking on the cheesecake at about 70 minutes. The cheesecake should be mostly set, with the slightest jiggle in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and let the cheesecake cool completely to room temperature.
- Run a knife around the edges before releasing the springform pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours prior to serving, but letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight is even better!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463.48Total Fat: 45.47gSaturated Fat: 23.29gSodium: 324.78mgCarbohydrates: 7.41gFiber: 1.96gSugar: 4gProtein: 8.85g