Chocolate Chip Cookies and especially the soft batch variety have always been my favorite cookie. Other cookies are great, but there’s nothing like a classic chocolate chip cookie.
This keto version of soft batch chocolate chip cookies is truly amazing!
In fact, when my teenager was talking with his Nana on the phone, he said they were better than the soft batch cookies he used to have at her house. Now that’s saying something!
My husband is more of a crunchy cookie kind of guy, so I’ll have to make a crispy version for him another time ? Don’t worry, I’ll share that recipe with you too!
Equipment to Make Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mixing Bowls (medium and large)
Silicone Mat (or parchment paper)
Bocha Sweet – I actually had someone ask that I make more recipes using Bocha Sweet. It is more expensive than erythritol-based Swerve Sweetener, but it really helps to give these cookies a nice soft-batch texture.
I’ve read that Allulose also gives a similar texture, but I have not tried that out yet. For a crunchier cookie, I recommend using Swerve Granulated Sweetener.
Yacon Syrup – This is totally optional, but provides an amazing flavor for the cookies. It’s a low-carb alternative to molasses.
Lily’s Chocolate Chips – Lily’s makes both dark chocolate and milk chocolate chips that are sweetened with Stevia. Either kind will taste amazing with this recipe.
How to Make Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Before you start, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum.
Using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter and Bocha sweet together until creamy in a large bowl.
Next, add the egg, Yacon syrup, and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
Then, add the dry ingredients into the large bowl with the wet ingredients and beat until you have a crumbly dough. Make sure there is no loose flour at the bottom of the bowl.
Finally, use a spoon to stir in the Lily’s Chocolate Chips.
Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop 1-inch cookie dough balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Gently press the cookie dough to flatten it to about 1/2 inch.
Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, until the edges are just starting to become golden brown. The cookies will be very soft but will firm up as they cool off.
Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Do you have a favorite type of cookie? Let me know in the comment section below!
More Dessert Recipes on the Blog!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and Bocha Sweet together until creamy.
- Add the egg, yacon syrup, and vanilla extract. Continue beating until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients into the large bowl with the wet ingredients and beat until you have a crumbly dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop to drop cookie dough balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until the edges are just starting to become golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gProtein: 2.5g