The pumpkin spice season is bringing out the baker in me and Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies is my second pumpkin-themed recipe for the blog!
To be honest, this is actually recipe #3, but the second recipe, also a cookie recipe was such an epic fail, the entire batch went in the trash.
It takes a lot for me to throw away a cookie, but when my cookie-loving husband couldn’t even tolerate them, I knew it was bad. I think it hurt his heart a little to admit there was such a thing as a bad cookie.
Why am I telling you this? Because I’m in no way an expert chef! But I do like to create food that is both yummy and satisfying. Food blogging includes many trials and errors, and at times, the wasting of many ingredients.
However! When a recipe comes together like these keto pumpkin cheesecake thumbprint cookies, I can’t wait to share them with the world!
Besides the yummy goodness of these cookies, they are also super easy to make! For the cookie dough part, you simply dump all the ingredients into the bowl at once, wet and dry alike.
Then, simply beat with a hand mixer until all the ingredients are fully incorporated and form a nice dough.
Scoop cookie dough balls onto a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet using a 1-½ inch cookie scoop. Then, using your thumb, press a dent (or thumbprint) into the center of each cookie.
Mix the filling ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth. Then spoon a dollop of the cream cheese filling into each of the cookie thumbprints.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes, or until the cookie is browning and the cream cheese filling no longer jiggles.
Allow the cookies to cool for at least 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to allow the cookies to fully set.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for later.
Be sure to check out my other pumpkin recipes too 🙂
Watch the tutorial or scroll down for the printable recipe!
Now I have a favor to ask! If you enjoy this keto pumpkin cheesecake thumbprint cookie recipe, please give me a star rating in the recipe card below and share this post on your favorite social media platform ?
For the Cookies:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup granulated Swerve
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Filling:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all of cookie dough ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix together with an electric hand mixer until dough forms.
- Using a 1-1/2 inch cookie scoop, spoon the cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Use your thumb to dent the tops of each cookie with your thumbprint.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sweetener, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Spoon the cream cheese filling into each cookie thumbprint.
- Bake the cookies for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and the tops no longer jiggle.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96.36Total Fat: 8.85gSaturated Fat: 2.96gSodium: 51.48mgCarbohydrates: 2.23gFiber: 1gSugar: 0.59gProtein: 2.74g