This post may contain affiliate links, which helps keep this content free. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Have you ever wondered how to cook bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers? Well, you’ve come to the right place. This recipe is delicious, easy, and keto-friendly!
The best part? I fill mine with pimento cheese. Pimento cheese is a favorite southern spread, and when you add it to these jalapeno poppers, it is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Take them as an appetizer to your next football watch party, or enjoy them at home as a tasty snack.
Growing up, I actually despised pimento cheese…. that was until I had my sister-in-law’s homemade pimento cheese. Suddenly, I couldn’t get enough of this yummy cheese spread!
Now, you can keep this recipe even more simple (and it’s pretty dang simple already) by purchasing store-bought pimento cheese, BUT homemade will always and forever taste better. If you do choose store-bought, I highly recommend the Palmetto Cheese brand as it’s the best on the market.
***scroll down for the printable recipe
Homemade Pimento Cheese!
To make homemade pimento cheese, you’ll need Pimento peppers, cream cheese, mayonnaise, hot sauce, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, smoked paprika, and of course, cheddar cheese!
Start by mixing the cream cheese and mayonnaise together in a medium bowl. Then, add the hot sauce, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and smoked paprika and stir to blend.
Add the shredded cheddar cheese, and stir the mixture again. And finally, fold in the diced pimento peppers.
How to Make the Pimento Cheese Poppers!
To make the poppers, begin with slicing the jalapenos lengthwise and removing the seeds and white membranes. (unless you like it spicy, in which case you should leave the white membrane)
Spoon or pipe pimento cheese spread into each of the halved jalapeño boats.
Slice the bacon length-wise to make thin strips and wrap them around each of the poppers.
Finally Bake the poppers at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, until the bacon is crisped to your liking.
These are best served immediately, but can be eaten as leftovers too! Oftentimes, my husband will grab a cold jalapeño popper out of the refrigerator and “pop” it in his mouth. (see what I did there??)
Looking for more Mexican-themed recipes? Check out the links below!
And, if you have been considering the keto diet, check out my keto 101 articles to help you get started.
Now I have a favor to ask! If you enjoy this keto bacon-wrapped pimento cheese recipe, please give me a star rating in the recipe card below and share this post on your favorite social media platform.
For the Pimento Cheese:
- 1/4 cup pimento peppers, diced
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoke paprika
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
Additional Ingredients for the Poppers:
- 12 jalapeños
- 12 slices of bacon
To make the Pimento Cheese:
- Put the cream cheese and mayonnaise in a medium bowl and stir until fully combined, using a hand-mixer if needed.
- Add the hot sauce, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and smoke paprika and stir to blend.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and stir again.
- Fold in the diced pimento peppers, and set aside.
To make the Poppers:
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees F
- Slice the jalapeños in half length-wise and remove the seeds and membrane.
- Spoon or pipe the pimento cheese into the jalapenos
- Slice the bacon length-wise, creating 24 bacon strands.
- Wrap the bacon strands around each jalapeño with pimento cheese, and set on a baking sheet with a cooking rack.
- (the cooking rack will allow the heated oven air to circulate around the entire popper, crisping the bacon all around.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the bacon is crisped to your liking.
- Best served immediately, but can be eaten as left overs.
The nutrition information is auto-generated and can vary by product brands.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 3 poppers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378.15Total Fat: 34.94gSaturated Fat: 13.5gSodium: 546.66mgCarbohydrates: 2.89gFiber: 0.71gSugar: 1.73gProtein: 12.98g