This post may contain affiliate links, which helps keep this content free. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Perfect for a cold winter night or to warm up the soup all year long, this easy keto Italian wedding soup is loaded with flavor.
This easy-to-make wedding soup is made with fresh never frozen beef and pork, parmesan cheese, fresh herbs and spices, and Keto Couscous.
Looking for more keto recipes to warm up your soul in these chilly winter months, check out some of my favorites like Keto Chicken Soup, Comfort Food for Your Soul and Keto Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup!
Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
Inspired by traditional Italian wedding soup, this keto recipe variation tastes just like the original and is packed with the same delicious and bold flavors.
Coming together in about 45 minutes of your time (not including making homemade keto couscous), this recipe is worth every minute of your time for how delicious it is!
Pro-Tip: Make sure you use fresh ingredients for the boldest of flavors!
Ingredients for Keto Italian Wedding Soup
Meat: 1 lb ground beef and 1 lb ground pork.
Egg and Dairy: 1 egg and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese.
Flour: 1/2 cup almond flour.
Herbs and Spices: 1 tablespoon garlic, minced, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
Broth: 2 quarts chicken broth (or stock).
Pasta: 2 cups Keto Couscous.
Vegetables: 2 tablespoons avocado oil, 1 yellow onion, chopped, 5 oz fresh baby spinach, and 1 tablespoon garlic, minced.
Herbs and Spices: 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste.
Dairy: Parmesan for sprinkling.
How to Make Keto Italian Wedding Soup
Preheat the oven. Preheat oven to 400.
Form meatballs. Mix all meatball ingredients together, and form them into small 1-inch balls. Place the meatballs on a baking rack over a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
Let cool. Remove meatballs from the oven and set to the side.
Sauté. In a stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat, then add the onion, salt, and pepper and sauté until onions are translucent about 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
Add broth and seasoning. Stir in the chicken broth and Italian seasoning. Bring to just a boil and then reduce the temperature and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add pasta, spinach, and meatballs. Add the Keto Couscous, spinach, meatballs, and cook until spinach leaves look wilted, 2 minutes more.
Recipe Variations for Italian Wedding Soup
Looking to add or swap ingredients? Consider the following:
Vegetables: Celery, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Mushrooms, Green Beans, Leeks, Kale, and/or Zucchini.
Meat: If you are looking to make this recipe vegan or vegetarian friendly, consider looking for meat substitutions or tofu!
Paleo: Make it paleo by making meatballs with paleo-friendly Italian sausage.
Tips and Tricks for Making the BEST Italian Wedding Soup
Make the best keto-friendly Italian wedding soup with the following tips and tricks I learned while making this easy soup!
- Sear the meatballs. I promise this is a game changer. Looking to add flavor, simmer them in broth.
- Make your meatballs small. Remember, this is a soup, not pasta.
- Use fresh herbs. I cannot stress this enough, the fresh herbs will add such full flavor.
- When making meatballs, stick with only a two meat combination. When you over mix meats, the meatballs can get confusing.
- Don’t skimp on the garlic! This soup uses a good amount of garlic. If you love garlic, add more!
- Bring on the cheese! The shredded parmesan is essential as the perfect topping of the soup.
How to store leftover Keto Italian Wedding Soup
Grab your favorite airtight container and ladle the leftover soup in.
Allow the soup to cool completely at room temperature and then place it in the fridge. The soup will keep for about 3-5 days.
Looking to put your soup in the freezer? Instead of putting the soup in the fridge, you can put the same airtight container in the freezer, and the soup with keep for about 3 – 5 months.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 quarts chicken broth (or stock)
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups Keto Couscous
- Parmesan for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix all meatball ingredients together, and form them into small 1-inch balls.
- Place the meatballs on a baking rack over a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove and set to the side.
- In a stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat, then add the onion, salt, and pepper and sauté until onions are translucent about 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in the chicken broth and Italian seasoning. Bring to just a boil and then reduce the temperature and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the Keto Couscous, Spinach, meatballs, and cook until spinach leaves look wilted, 2 minutes more.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 31gCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gProtein: 36g