This post may contain affiliate links, which helps keep this content free. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Ever find yourself searching for a Keto Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup? This Keto Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup may be just what you’re looking for! It’s low-carb and keto-approved! Silky smooth with chunks of mushrooms and shredded chicken, it’s sure to delight the taste buds!
I love making soups! They’re a tasty one-pot meal that’s easy to batch cook, and typically inexpensive to make which is important when trying to stay within your grocery budget!
Related: Looking for another keto one-pot meal? You have to try my Lamb Kabobs and Green Beans!
And if you enjoy a little red wine with dinner, this recipe gives you an excuse to open a bottle. Twist my arm, please!
This recipe calls for eight cups of chicken stock, so make sure you start with a 6-8 quart stock pot. Melt the butter and then sauté the onions and garlic until translucent.
Then add the mushrooms, thyme, and oregano, cooking until the mushrooms release their water.
Once the mushrooms cook down, deglaze the pot with red wine (maybe taking a sip or two in the process), and add in the shredded chicken and chicken broth.
If you don’t know what it means to deglaze a pan, no worries. I had to look it up myself. It sounds fancier than it actually is. Deglazing simply means adding liquid, in this case, red wine, to scrap cooked food bits off the bottom of the pan, imparting added flavor to the liquid in the dish.
Bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat and allow to simmer for about ten minutes.
Finally, whisk in the xanthan gum and heavy cream, and simmer until soup thickens.
Serve and enjoy right away, or package up in one-cup servings for meals later in the week.
Don’t Forget Dessert!
I’ve got lots of keto-friendly desserts on this page. Here are three of my most clicked recipes that you simply HAVE to try:
- Melt butter over medium heat in 6-8 quart stock pot.
- Add in garlic and onions and saute until onions are clear, about 2-3 minutes
- Add mushrooms, thyme, and oregan and cook until the mushrooms cook down and release their water
- Deglaze the pot with red wine, then add the shredded chicken, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes
- Whisk in the xanthan gum (make sure there are no clumps), then stir in the heavy cream.
- Simmer until soup begins to thicken.
- Add additional salt and pepper if needed and enjoy!