This recipe for lamb kabobs and green beans is an easy 1-skillet keto meal that adds a nice flavor variety from the normal ground beef recipes. The taste of lamb is stronger and gamier (is gamier a word?) than beef, and it has quickly become a family favorite.
I’ve always enjoyed lamb chops on occasion, but never cooked lamb, much less ground lamb at home until a couple of years ago. I bought it on a whim one day and made lamb patty sliders with it.
My son, only 11 years old at the time, went crazy over the lamb patties! I thought the strong flavor would turn him off, but he loved it, and now he wants me to make it all the time.
Unfortunately, ground lamb is at least twice the price of ground beef, so it is only an occasional treat.
The below lamb kabob recipe was created out of the need for a quick and simple meal (1-pot or 1-skillet meals are my favorites!), and I had some green beans that I needed to use up.
***scroll down for printable recipes and ingredient amounts
How to Make Lamb Kabobs with Green Beans
For this recipe, you’ll need ground lamb, onion, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and green beans.
In a large bowl, mix together the ground lamb, onion, garlic, salt, dried oregano, and pepper until well combined.
Divide the ground lamb mixture to form 8 kabobs.
Next, heat avocado oil in an iron skillet over medium heat, then add the lamb kabobs to the skillet and top with green beans.
When the lamb patties are cooked half-way through, flip them over and continue cooking until hot and slightly pink in the center (about 5 minutes per side).
Gradually stir the green beans around the lamb patties throughout the process. If you are using fresh green beans, you may need to cook them a little longer than the lamb kabobs. Continue to skillet-fry the green beans until they reach your desired tenderness.
Finally, serve and enjoy!
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz green beans
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground lamb, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Divide and form into 8 small kabobs.
- Heat the avocado oil in an iron skillet over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is heated, add the lamb kabobs to the skillet, and top with the green beans.
- When the lamb patties are cooked half-way through, flip and continue cooking until hot and slightly pink in the center (about 5 minutes per side), longer if you want well-done.
- Gradually stir the green beans around the lamb patties throughout the process.
- Remove the lamb patties and green beans from the skillet, serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 2 kabobs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415.57Total Fat: 33.78gSaturated Fat: 12.42gSodium: 505.29mgCarbohydrates: 7.71gFiber: 2.71gSugar: 3.22gProtein: 20.59g