Egg Roll in a Bowl, or Crack Slaw as some call it, has become a staple in our house since beginning the keto diet in February 2018. Most versions of this recipe call for ground pork, but after experimenting with ground turkey, we found we enjoy the flavor of the ground turkey even more!
This Keto Egg Roll Bowl Recipe is VERY Versatile
Of course, you could use any kind of ground meat (chicken, beef, pork, turkey) or even a shredded version of the meat, which I think would be an enjoyable texture.
You can also add any veggies you’d like besides cabbage such as peppers, onions, mushrooms, and bean sprouts. The possibilities are endless!
Making a Keto Egg Roll Bowl Recipe is Super Easy!
From start to finish, this dish can be on the table and ready to eat in under 30 minutes which makes it a great dish for busy lifestyles.
Because it reheats nicely, I usually batch cook this egg roll in a bowl dish on the weekends for easy grab-and-go meals my family can eat during the week.
You’ll need a head of cabbage (you can use pre-shredded coleslaw to simplify this recipe even more), half an onion, 1 tbsp of minced garlic, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ground ginger, ground turkey, a few stalks of green onions, coconut aminos, hot sauce (I prefer Siracha), salt and pepper.
***scroll down for the printable recipe***
Start by shredding the head of cabbage, dicing the onion, and slicing the green onions (separating the green from the white parts).
Next, sauté the diced onion, white part of the green onion and garlic in a skillet with sesame oil. Once the onions are translucent and fragrant, add the ground turkey, ginger, hot sauce, salt and pepper, and cook until the turkey is cooked through.
Finally, add in the shredded cabbage along with the coconut aminos and rice vinegar and continue cooking until the cabbage reaches the desired tenderness. Top with the green chives and serve!
- 1 head purple cabbage, shredded (14-16 ounces shredded)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 6 green onions, sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Sriracha or Hot Sauce, or more if you like it spicy!
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, white part of the green onions, and garlic and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add the ground turkey, ginger, salt, pepper, and hot sauce and cook until the turkey is cooked through.
- Add the shredded purple cabbage along with the coconut aminos and rice vinegar and saute until the cabbage is desired tenderness.
- Top with the green chives (green part of the green onions) and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3.35gCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gProtein: 24g