This post may contain affiliate links, which helps keep this content free. Please read our disclosure for more info.
These ooey-gooey rice crispy treats will have you feeling like a kid again. These keto-friendly rice crispy treats are the best snack/dessert you will find on the internet!
Have you been looking for a delicious keto-friendly dessert? Well, you’ve come to the right place!
These keto rice crispy treats are like a time machine that will have you reminiscing about your childhood days.
Made with my very own sugar-free marshmallows, these treats are deliciously perfect for my fellow ketogenic followers that want that sweet taste without all that sugar!
Keto Rice Crispy Treats
One of my favorite snacks growing up was undoubtedly rice crispy treats. The crunchy, sweet, marshmallowy creation was always a hit.
After recently making my sugar-free marshmallows, I knew there were going to be many sweet treats I was going to be able to make.
What better sweet treat than rice crispy treats?
I had to get in the kitchen and attempt to make the absolute best keto rice crispy treat that I could.
With just a few ingredients and a little bit of time, you’ll have the best keto rice crispy treats you’ve ever had in your life!
Keto Rice Crispy Treats Ingredients
Highkey Rice Cereal: 1 box of Highkey rice cereal.
Sugar-Free Marshmallows: ¼ batch of my homemade sugar-free marshmallows
Butter: 1 tablespoon of butter
Vanilla Extract: 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Salt: 1 teaspoon of salt
Note: If you don’t have marshmallows pre-made, you can make ¼ a batch of the marshmallows and stir in the butter once ready.
How To Make Keto Rice Crispy Treats
Prep the baking pan. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Melt the butter. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter for about 15-30 seconds, until it’s fully melted.
Heat the marshmallows. Place the sugar-free marshmallows in the same bowl and heat them for two 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted with the butter.
Add. Stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
Stir. Add in the box of Highkey rice cereal and stir until the cereal is completely coated with the sugar-free marshmallow mixture.
Press. Press the rice crispy mixture into the parchment-lined baking pan until even. Using a second piece of parchment paper to press the sticky mixture works well.
Cool. Allow the keto rice crispy treats to cool completely before cutting them into the desired number of squares.
Pro tip: The rice crispy treats hold together best when allowed to sit in the fridge overnight.
Are Rice Crispy Treats Low In Carbs?
Traditional rice crispy treats are unfortunately not low in carbs. They typically come with 4 grams of sugar and 36 grams of carbs.
However, using the ingredients I used, and my homemade sugar-free marshmallows we were able to reduce this number significantly. Using these ingredients you can eat these while sticking to your keto diet!
What is High Key Cereal?
Highkey is a fantastic snack brand. Unlike most snack brands, Highkey does not use sugar in its products!
They have a wide range of delicious, healthy products. Products ranging from cookies to brownie mix, to cereal have it all!
I used the Highkey Cocoa Cereal in my recipe, which is also packed with protein. I found this cereal to work the best. I also like chocolate rice crispy treats more than the traditional ones. I highly recommend using this cereal and brand.
If you don’t want chocolate then I recommend using their frosted cereal. Not only is it great for rice crispy treats, but it’s great for so many things.
Their frosted cereal is perfect for the holidays. You can use food coloring to make creations with festive colors. You can also mold them into pumpkin or Christmas tree-shaped rice crispy treats!
How To Store Keto Rice Crispy Treats
There are multiple ways to store your keto rice crispy treats.
You can keep them at room temperature for a little bit. But don’t keep them out for too long because they tend to get too sticky.
I recommend keeping them in the fridge. If you take them out of the fridge about 30 minutes before you want to enjoy one, it will taste perfect. You can also keep them in the fridge for up to about 2 weeks.
You can also freeze your keto rice crispy treats. Simply put them in a ziplock bag and they should stay good for up to 6 months in the freezer.
Other Keto Sweet Treats You’ll Love
- Keto monkey bread
- Pecan Pie
- Pumpkin cheesecake with a wookie crust
- Keto Smores
- Keto blueberry white chocolate chip cookies
- Keto strawberry lemonade cookies
- 1 box of HighKey Rice cereal
- 1/4 batch of sugar-free marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
If making Marshmallow Fluff:
- 1/2 tablespoon Unflavored gelatin powder
- 4 tablespoons cup Water (warm, divided)
- 1/3 cups powdered BochaSweet (or powdered Monk Fruit)
- a pinch of Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
For Marshmallow Fluff:
- Pour 2 tablespoons of warm water into a large bowl, which will barely cover the bottom. Whisk in the gelatin and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of warm water, powdered sweetener, and sea salt to a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat for a few minutes, stirring frequently, the sweetener dissolves and the liquid is heated, but not boiling. (Remove from heat as soon as you see bubbles forming along the edges)
- Stir in the vanilla extract, then slowly pour into the large bowl with the gelatin, whisking continuously.
- Beat the mixture with an electric hand mixer until the volume doubles and the mixture looks very fluffy, like stiff egg white peaks (15 minutes, minimum).
For the Rice Crispy Treats:
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter for about 15 to 30 seconds, until it's fully melted.
- Place the sugar-free marshmallows in the same bowl and heat them for two 30 seconds intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted with the butter.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Add the box of High Key Rice cereal and stir until the cereal is completely coated with the sugar-free marshmallow mixture.
- Press the Rice Crispy mixture into the parchment-lined baking pan until even. Using a second piece of parchment paper to press the sticky mixture works well.
- Allow the keto rice crispy treats to cool completely before cutting them into the desired number of squares.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1/9 of the recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 5gCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 8g