Cinnamon roll meets sugar cookie in this bit of Ketogenic genius! Or at least that’s what the fam is telling me with my latest low carb creation, Keto Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies!
I’m always looking for new ways to get creatively keto with traditional desserts and while this one is no exception; we are pushing the envelope a little with the combination.
Of course, no cinnamon roll is complete without some yummy frosting, so I’ve got you covered there too!
So, cancel whatever plans you had for today, and let’s do some baking! These cookies are absolutely delicious, super-fun to make and so tasty you may need to make a double batch!
How to Make the Best Keto Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies
Making these cookies is a two-step process but don’t freak out. It’s still just a cookie with some yummy frosting on top, not rocket science. ?
Next, in your large bowl (if you have a stand mixer then use that bowl), beat together your butter and sweetener until it’s light and fluffy. I always taste it to be sure… you know, Quality Control, LOL.
Continuing in the large bowl, add your eggs one at a time and then the vanilla. Keep mixing until everything is well-combined.
Finally, add your dry ingredients that have been sitting on the sidelines in the medium bowl to the large bowl and continue mixing until you have a firm dough. Cover the combined mix in plastic wrap, and chill for 30 minutes.
Now it’s time to start cooking so preheat your oven to 375ºF.
While the oven is heating up, roll the dough into one-inch balls and place them on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
Be sure to leave enough space between the balls and flatten each one slightly with your hand to 1/3-1/2 inch thick.
Place your cookies into the preheated oven and bake 10-12 minutes, or until the bottom edges are slightly golden brown.
Once your slightly golden edges are achieved, remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet.
After 10 minutes, move each of these round golden bites of goodness to a cooling rack to finish cooling all the way.
For the Cinnamon Roll Frosting
Things are gonna start sweetening up now for the frosting as you beat together the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
Keep mixing until things are smooth as you add in the powdered sweetener, followed by the vanilla. Also, add just enough cream to reach your desired consistency.
Creamy, but not too creamy. Remember, we want the frosting light and fluffy.
Place about 1/4 of the frosting into a microwave-safe container and heat it for 20 seconds, stirring well.
Now, with your favorite frosting spoon (or whichever you have nearby, drizzle the heated frosting on the cooled cookies then dust with cinnamon.
Repeat Operation Heat-Drizzle-Dust with 1/4 of the frosting until you have drizzled frosting over all the cookies. You any remaining frosting as you see fit.
More Keto Cookie Recipes!
Making homemade keto cookies is always enjoyable, which is why I have so many cookie recipes on the website!
I especially like making copycat version of a few favorite store-bought brands that you can’t really have on the keto diet. Check out these recipes!
If you have a favorite cookie that you’d like to see ketofied, drop me a comment below and let me know!
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Lakanto Classic Sweetener
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups Lakanto Powdered Sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp heavy cream, as needed
- ground cinnamon, for dusting
For the Cookies
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, whey protein, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sweetener until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla, and continue beating until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until a firm dough forms. Cover in plastic wrap, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Roll the dough into one inch balls and place on baking sheets lined with parchment.
- Flatten each ball slightly with your hand 1/3-1/2 inch thick.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the bottom edges are just slightly golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a cooling rack to finish cooling all the way.
For the Frosting
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sweetener and beat until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and add just enough cream to reach the desired consistency.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Heat up about 1/4 of the frosting for 20 seconds in the microwave and stir well.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the heated frosting on the cooled cookies and dust with cinnamon.
- Repeat with 1/4 of the frosting until you have drizzle frosting over all the cookies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 40 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g