Keto Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, which helps keep this content free. Please read our disclosure for more info.
You scream, I scream, we all scream for keto ice cream! What better way to stay cool than with low-carb, low-sugar, keto-friendly strawberry ice cream?
Looking for more keto ice cream? Check out some of my other favorites like, Super Creamy Keto Chocolate Ice Cream, Keto Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream – Dairy-Free, and Keto Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
Many of you have probably seen or read a Keto Strawberry Ice Cream recipe before. Some of you have probably already tried one.
As many of you know, I love living a Ketogenic lifestyle. However, the saving grace is truly a good dessert! Honestly, what is better than eating a healthy dessert that doesn’t taste like it’s healthy?!
This strawberry ice cream went through many failed attempts before I truly nailed it, but we got there! This ice cream has the perfect flavor balance, freezes great, and has that beautiful pink color we all know and love about strawberry ice cream.
Now, for my avid readers and followers, you are going to be familiar with my ice cream recipes. However, THIS recipe IS different! This is my first non-custard ice cream hitting the blog space! There are no eggs, no cooking, no churning, no nothing. Just an easy, but super flavorful ice cream.
Strawberry Ice Cream Ingredients
Strawberries: To make strawberry ice cream, we are going to need 1 pound of the best strawberries you can find.
Sugar: What’s ice cream without some sweetener? For this, you will need 1 cup of Allulose sweetener. If you are unfamiliar with Allulose, it is my go-to low-carb sweetener for ice cream so it stays scoop-able in the freezer, even days later!
Heavy Whipping Cream: To get that great texture and flavor we all know and love, you will need to use 2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
Sour cream and Lemon Juice: Now, I know how this looks and sounds, but sour cream and lemon juice are necessary for that perfectly sweet yet tangy strawberry taste!
Extracts: 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 tsp strawberry extract (optional, boost flavor). I definitely recommend using strawberry extract as it is the key to full strawberry flavor!
Food Coloring: Pink food coloring is totally optional, skipping this ingredient will not change the recipe. However, the 2-3 drops of pink food coloring will give you that vibrant pink color many people look for in strawberry ice cream.
How to Make Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
Pour some sugar on it. Place the strawberries, vanilla, and sweetener in a medium-sized bowl and stir till the sweetener is dissolved.
Sit and Stir. Allow the strawberries to sit at room temperature for one hour, stirring every now and then.
Add Wet Ingredients. After an hour has passed, pour the strawberry mixture, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, lemon juice, vanilla extract, strawberry extract, and food dye into a high-power blender and pulse until mostly smooth.
Pour ice cream into a bowl. Pour ice cream mixture into a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Churn. Once chilled, churn in your ice cream maker per the instructions.
Serve and Enjoy. Serve immediately as soft-serve ice cream or place in an air-tight storage container and freeze for at least 3 hours to allow to harden.
The Perfect Toppings for Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
We have stepped away from the carbs, but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy ice cream toppings! Below are some of my favorite low-carb and/or keto ice cream toppings to dress up your dessert.
Low Carb Fruit:
- Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries
- Unsweetened toasted coconut chips or flakes
Low Carb/Keto Chocolate:
- Keto Chocolate Chips
- Suga-Free Chocolate Syrup (yes, it taste amazing on strawberry ice cream!)
Low Carb/Keto Candy:
- Sugar Free Sprinkles
- Keto/Sugar Free Gummies
- Low Carb Marshmallows
Low Carb/Keto Whipped Cream:
Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
Sweeten up your Summer (or freezer year-round) with this perfectly delicious Keto Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe!
- 1 pound strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup Allulose sweetener
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp strawberry extract (optional, boost flavor)
- 2-3 drops pink food coloring (optional, for more vibrant pink color)
- Place the strawberries, vanilla, and sweetener in a bowl and stir till the sweetener is dissolved.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for one hour, stirring every now and then.
- Pour strawberry mixture, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, lemon juice, vanilla extract, strawberry extract, and food dye into a high-power blender and pulse until mostly smooth.
- Pour ice cream mixture into a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Once chilled, churn in your ice cream maker per the instructions.
- Serve immediately as soft-serve ice cream or place in an air-tight storage container and freeze for at least 3 hours to allow to harden.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 17gCarbohydrates: 6.5gFiber: 1gProtein: 2g