Made with ground turkey, ground beef, and more, this Keto Beef and Turkey Meatloaf is a delicious, healthy, and easy weeknight dinner recipe!
The super easy, no-fail, keto beef and turkey meatloaf recipe is perfect for everyone at every cooking level. Made with ground meat and pantry staple ingredients, this meal will make everyone at the table happy!
Keto Meatloaf Recipe
You’ve had classic meatloaf and you may have had keto friendly turkey meatloaf, but have you had a blend of beef and turkey meatloaf?
Following a ketogenic diet, turkey meatloaf was one of the first things I tried making to lower the fat. However, what I discovered was the loaf was really dry and nothing to write home about.
For years I went back to all-beef meatloaf, but, of course, I made it keto!
However, with New Years Resolutions in full swing, I wanted to lower my fat intake to ensure I am being the best I can be.
Side Note: Keto is known to be a high-fat diet, but for the purpose of weight loss, it’s best to shoot for moderate fat intake.
By making a beef and turkey meatloaf, you get the best of both worlds – super moist meat, less fat, and lower calories!
Ingredients Needed to Make Keto Beef and Turkey Meatloaf
Meat: 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey and 1/2 lb ground beef.
Onion and Butter: 1 small onion, diced and 1 tablespoon butter, which will be used to saute the onions.
Herbs and Spices: 1 tablespoon garlic, minced, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and Italian seasoning (optional).
Sauces: 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce and 3/4 cup Sugar-Free Ketchup.
Eggs: For this recipe, you will need 2 eggs. Eggs are essential for making meatloaf as they act as a binding agent (along with flour).
Broth: 1/4 cup chicken broth.
Flour: To keep this recipe keto, we will be using 3/4 cup of almond flour. Looking for a delicious substitute? Panko Pork Rinds can be used as an alternative!
How to Make Keto Beef and Turkey Meatloaf
Preheat. Preheat the oven to 350F and link a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
Saute onions. Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, then add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Combine. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, ground beef, sauteed onions and garlic, salt, pepper, chicken broth, Worcestershire, eggs, and almond flour and mix well. Mixing with your hands works best!
Shape. Shape the meatloaf mixture in a rectangle loaf on the prepared baking sheet, cover with foil, and bake for 45 minutes.
Top with ketchup. Remove the foil and spread the ketchup on top (optional, add a sprinkle of Italian Seasoning!), then continue cooking for 15-25 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Remove and Rest. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
What to pair Keto Meatloaf with?
Make it a complete meal!
Whether you are making meatloaf for lunch, dinner, or meal prepping for the week, pair it with the perfect side dishes like:
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (Low Carb and Keto)
- Keto Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
- Keto Tater Tots aka Cauliflower Tots
- Keto Spinach Casserole
How to store Leftovers
If you have leftovers you are looking to save, grab your favorite airtight storage container and toss in your leftovers.
Leftover keto meatloaf will last for about 3-4 days in the fridge.
If you are looking to freeze meatloaf, you can do that as well in an airtight container. The keto meatloaf will stay for about 4 months.
Is Turkey Meat Keto Friendly?
Yes! If you did not know this, meat is naturally keto-friendly!
Turkey contains 0 grams of carbs per 3-ounce serving; making it a perfect addition to your keto beef and turkey meatloaf recipe.
What ingredient keeps meatloaf from falling apart?
If there is anything you take away from the recipe, please let it be this cooking note.
It is SO … and, trust me, I’m really stressing this, SO, important to never forget the eggs and the almond flour or panko pork rinds. Both of these ingredients are essential for holding the meatloaf together.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar-Free Ketchup
- Italian Seasoning (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and link a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, then add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, ground beef, sauteed onions and garlic, salt, pepper, chicken broth, Worcestershire, eggs, and almond flour and mix well. Mixing with your hands works best!
- Shape the meatloaf mixture in a rectangle loaf on the prepared baking sheet, cover with foil, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and spread the ketchup on top (Optionally, add a sprinkle of Italian Seasoning), then continue cooking for 15-25 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 28gCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gProtein: 33g
Looking for more easy Keto Dinner Ideas? Check out this cookbook from my friends over at Tasteaholics!